Purpose: Conduct inventory of current food distribution and delivery initiatives to match need to available resources; identify customer-centric food delivery approaches that should continue post Covid-19; identify organization lead to advance effort.
- Who is providing resource? Include any partners.
- What target population is being served?
- What is being provided?
- How to access food resource?
- Duval County Public Schools (DCPS) is distributing breakfast and lunch from 11am to 1pm along bus routes in addition to being distributed at district managed schools. All children ages 5 through 18, regardless of where they attend school, can go to select DCPS School locations and receive a meal. Dinner is also being distributed at select schools.
- The COJ Senior Services Division is partnering with ElderSource to deliver meals to seniors. At the state level, the Florida Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA) has partnered with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA) to allow the needs of the business community and workers in the restaurant business to be matched with the needs of the elderly and meal delivery services.
- Feeding Northeast Florida is partnering with Florida Blue to deliver meals to seniors.
- Aging True-Meals on Wheels
· Florida Blue, Farmers and You Program: The program is buying fresh-picked produce from local farmers, packaging the food and then distributing it to seniors and vulnerable populations in food deserts and other needed areas. They are serving families in Putnam, St. Johns, Duval and Nassau Counties.
- The City of Jacksonville Senior Services Division is delivering a 2-week supply of shelf stable meals to seniors.
- Post-recovery Hospital Delivery: Covid-19 Shelter Taskforce currently coordinating.
- Feeding Northeast Florida partnership with Elite Parking, ElderSource and Aging True to deliver food to senior facilities.
- Farm Share Events Calendar: http://farmshare.org/food-distributions/ Agency-network distribution, direct-community distribution, targeted population/location distribution.
Feeding Northeast Florida Partners
- Arlington 2020: The agency continues to provide food distribution utilizing a drive through pick up. To view upcoming food distribution events, visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Arlington2020/.
- Office of Population Health, Humana Military: The Office of Population Health is working with Jacksonville USO and Feeding Northeast Florida to find a solution to continuing the ongoing food distribution for vetted military families in Mayport and beyond. For questions and updated information please contact Lavender Morrison at Lmorrison2@humana.com. Contact: email@example.com for quickest results.
- Builders of the Faith Community Church
- Chabad at the beaches
- Church of Christ on Odessa
- Daily Manna Serving Center
- First Fruits Outreach
- Hunger Fight
- Islamic Center of Northeast Florida
- Jim Dotson Foundation
- Light of the World/ First Group Outreach
- Mandarin Presbyterian Daily Bread Ministries
- Morning Glory Christian Fellowship
- New Hope Assembly
- Pleasant Grove Primitive Baptist Church
- River City Community Church
- River City Community Church
- Safe Future Foundation
- Society of Saint Andrews
- Vincent De Paul St Denis
- The Potter's House
- Uplift Church and Community Outreach Inc
- Wayman Community Development Corporation