The JAX Chamber Webinar Series brings together business leaders, legal experts and government officials to share their insights on government programs as well as public-private partnerships related to COVID-19. Check back here to watch recordings of past webinars and register for upcoming episodes as we continue to share more in the series.
• Episode 1 — The CARES Act: In this webinar, we spoke with officials from the U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce about programs now available in the CARES Act: Watch Episode 1.
• Episode 2 — Paycheck Protection Program: In this webinar, we spoke with business leaders and legal experts from Adams and Reese LLP, the Florida Bankers Association, the Jacksonville office of BDO USA, and VyStar Credit Union about the Paycheck Protection Program. Watch Episode 2.
• Episode 3 — Small Business Relief Program: In this webinar, Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry and VyStar Credit Union President and CEO Brian Wolfburg joined JAX Chamber President and CEO Daniel Davis. They shared details of the Small Business Relief Program, a collaboration of the City of Jacksonville and VyStar Credit Union. Watch Episode 3.
• Episode 4 — Human Resources During COVID-19: In this webinar, we discussed how companies can do what’s best for their employees and their business in these uncertain times with human resources experts from Brown & Brown Insurance and Dynamic Corporate Solutions, Inc. Watch Episode 4.
• Episode 5 — Economic Outlook: Where Things Stand: In this webinar, we discussed the economic outlook and the path to opening the economy back up after COVID-19. U.S. Chamber Vice President of Regional Affairs and Advocacy Moore Hallmark and Dr. Albert Loh, Chair and Professor of Economics and Geography in the Coggin College of Business, and the Director of Local Economic Indicators Project (LEIP) at the University of North Florida, spoke with JAX Chamber Chief Public Affairs Officer Matt Galnor. Watch Episode 5.
• Episode 6 — SBA Official Discusses the Paycheck Protection Program: In this webinar, U.S. Small Business Administration Regional Administrator Ashley Daniel Bell and JAX Chamber Chief Public Affairs Officer Matt Galnor discussed the Paycheck Protection Program and other federal programs. Congress passed a $484 billion deal with the majority of the funds allocated to replenish the Paycheck Protection Program. The bipartisan legislation allotted $310 billion for the small-business loan program. Watch Episode 6.
• Episode 7 — Plans to Reopen: What Employers Need to Know: In this webinar, we discussed plans to reopen with business leaders and what to expect in the early phases as residents return to work. Kevin Hyde, Managing Partner at Foley & Lardner LLP, and Justin Terry, President of Harden, joined Matt Galnor, Chief Public Affairs at JAX Chamber, for this discussion. Thanks to our presenting sponsor, The Jim Moran Institute for Global Entrepreneurship, for its support. Watch Episode 7.
• Episode 8 — Leases, Contracts and More: Key Issues for Businesses as Reopening Begins: In this webinar, our panelists discussed leases, contracts and other significant business issues related to reopening. Mindy Holden, Senior Vice President for Procurement and Real Estate at The Adecco Group, and Patrick W. Krechowski, a partner at Balch & Bingham LLP who works closely with small businesses and specializes in real estate, land use and public policy, discussed these issues with Matt Galnor, Chief Public Affairs Officer at JAX Chamber. Watch Episode 8.
• JAXUSA Discusses the State of our Economy: In this webinar, Dr. Raphael Bostic, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, spoke with JAXUSA President Aundra Wallace. Bostic answered questions on the state of our economy as a result of COVID-19 and future implications for businesses. Watch this JAXUSA webinar.